Tuesday, June 06, 2006

June 7 (Kaz)





June 7

This picture might explain Andrew's remarkable amount of Energy yesterday. Maybe he flagged down the Red Bull car while no one was looking. This may be a developing country but they seem to have progressed rather quickly with drinks that can be mixed with alcohol. Sorry Megan, I don't think you can drive this car around York, PA.




Today was Andrew's first day breaking through the gates. We went to get his photos for the Kaz passport, Visa and registration. He took after me and had on his 'I am an angry German' face and skowled at the camera. We could not get him to look at the camera so I told the people behind the camera to start clucking, which worked. If you have nevr seen a couple Americans and several Kazaks clucking like a chicken for a kid to get his photo taken as 30 Kazaks observe, you are missing something. While we waited for the pictures to be photo shopped and printed we went to the mall across the street and Andrew freaked when he saw this scary mannequin. As is that was not dramatic enough, we passed by the lingerie section with a multitude of bras, panties and assorted hosiery. He was getting rather grumpy, like Robbie, aftter walking around the mall for 20 minutes, then his eyes light up when we hit the fish net store.








We did not have any big plans for the afternoon so we went on a 5 hour walk to assorted bazaars and shopping centers. I spend about 4 dollars on a hip hat, which I bargained from 350 tenge to 200 tenge and Rob will say I spent 199 tenge too much, and a cool ball wih prickly things. On our walk across the city we walked down Allergy Street which had thiese trees with cotton wispy things that choke you. They build up and it look likes snow.




Robbie wanted pictures of Kazak chicks but I am sorry I don't take lewd photos. But there was one today who was wearing spiky heals, a skirt the size of a wet nap and a strappy tank top. She was obviously on her way to 'work'. Instead of takign a picture of her, I took a picture of this dalamation bird who probably has the same IQ.






The other night they hung up this sign. i am not sure what they are celebrating, but it underscores Kazakhstan's imfatuation with the 1980's or maybe this is the 1970's. The rest of the clothes and entertainment seems to be stuck in the past. I can't tell you how many kids I have seen wearing Iron Maiden shirts, and how many Hair Bands I have heard our driver playing.














1 Comments:

At 12:15 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh baby's day out! but he's not really a baby, oh well. anyways. i'm glad you're having fun torturing the son with random mall trips. and they have a red bull truck that goes around campus abunch, its like a toyota tundra with a big red bull in its bed...so crazy. i enjoyed your birdie comment, haha. looks like fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home