June 3

June 3, Saturday
My second night without Robbie and I had another migraine. Hmmm, do I miss Robbie? Nah, I think it was just the super smokey restaurant that has the good Goulash. As good as the Goulash is, I don't think I can take the smoke that rivals the smoke at Bingo.
Robbie is safely at home now, eating pizza, making fishing plans and cleaning up kitty pee. Hopefully they will have adjusted by the time I get home and won't try to show me who's boss.
The PC I am using at the internet cafe is mostly in Russian, so when I type I can change it to English letters, but all of the other words on the screen are usually in Russian. That makes it kind of hard to use some websites unless I can guess where certain button are that I usually use. I think there is a way to change it so everything in English but Rob's instructions weren't too clear (go to control panel and hit the globe). Fortunately I found the globe in control panel, and picked what I though was USA English, but all the other buttons are in Russian and I have not found the right combination to get me to have it take affect. There is another machine that is in English, but I can't hook the camera up to it or charge my iPod. I am able to load pictures, but it times out so often that I can get about 4 done in an hour. And I have a backlog with our trip to the country last weekend, so by the end of June I might be caught up.
Today visit with Junior we went outside because there were 6 families sharing 1 visitation room. It started to rain but he toughed it and out sat under the platform of the jungle gym and didn't get too wet. We had a little more progress with the pacifier, so hopefully by the time we fly home he knows how to suck. There was another little girl that we were sharing a rug with outside who was using the pacifier so I think some peer pressure helped too. She started drinking from the sippy cup, but that was not enough peer pressure to make him do it. He still prefers to drink, or chug, directly from the porcelin tea cup...we are not sure if that's good or bad. But bottles will not be in our future.
In the evening I went to a soccer game along with 2 other couples. None of us knew how may quarters, periods, or whatever the game was but we figured out when it was time to go. It was my first real soccer game I ever went to and unlike Pat who gave a detailed play by play in his blog last summer I will summarize it like this: The cute blond in the blue shorts ran around a lot being chased by the studly man with brown hair in white shorts. The cute man in blue scored and man-hugged the other cute blond guy. Then the game was over and the local team won. Who wouldn't love a game with many men in shorts?

3 Comments:
soccer is an excellent sport to watch, you know for its athletic quality and all. i think since robbie left your typing has gotten worse...hmmm? haha, we'll i'm officially home for the summertime, so hurry on home too!
Jen,
I can't believe you went to CB Swest and never went to a soccer game. You will have to sign him up for parks and rec.
Michele
I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»
Post a Comment
<< Home