Monday, June 05, 2006

June 6 (Kaz)


June 6

This is a picture from the soccer game last weekend. The 'end zone' has the name of the local team in Russian andoddly enough no one sits there. The game was about $2 to see. You can't get a...well anything for $2 at an American sporting event. The local team won, 1-0. There's another game this weekend and seeing how my social calendar is wide open, I'll see another game. Our apartment building is the one all the way on the left with the cupola thing and the bluish column of windows. It's called the Titanic. I thought it was becuase of the window things, but apparently the building, which is next to the river, is sinking. Let's hope it lasts another month.

The visit with Andrew was really good today. I think all of the fresh air yesterday tired him out because he was a bundle of energy today. I was quite surprised and so were the other families. He was crawling all over, giggling, jumping, chasing balls and chasing down all the females in the room. I think they changed his sleep schedule or food because he's never been this happy or energetic. He's at the point where he stand on his own for a while before tumbling over, so he might he walking in the next couple weeks. Tomorrow is passport photo day so I need to find a way to tame his wild man hair.

On our walk outside we saw these flowers sprout up. We saw them being planted when we first arrived. I leaned over so Andrew could smell them....he proceeded to rip them to shreds right after I took the pictures. The Roses better keep an eye on their garden.....or maybe I will blame the bunnies.

The other night we found this awesome pizza place. Here is an action shot us up putting jalepeno peppers on the pizza. Given that this is now one of the highlighted photos, you are correct to conclude that life in Kaz is being mundane.

4 Comments:

At 11:03 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People don't care about the pizza.
Post Andrew pictures.
And pictures of the weemun Andrew is after too... especailly Natalie's Daughter.

K THANKS.

- Rob

 
At 5:07 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

I think he is so happy because he has a mommy now.

MIchele

 
At 7:56 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah, thanks for the stellar pictures of eating pizza in the kaz. more HAHHA to your sinking building, but yes i hope it lasts for another day. and a passport photo...oh boy!!! he's coming home soooooo soon. not much going on at home, perfecting my tan and all. oh summer.

 
At 9:55 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that I am home I have decided to comment on Megan's comment. Megan's comments at first were nice, then funny and we were happy to have the readership. Now Megan's comments are LAME... L EHHHHHH MMMMMAH EEEEE!

- Rob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home