Friday, June 09, 2006

June 10 (Kaz)

Megan pointed out that I posted June 7 and June 8 out of order (before Rob's June 6th) so if you are bored and want to catch up, read those.

June 10

Today is the end of Week 6, and I celebrated by getting a massage. I can only assume the lady's name was Olga and it was quite an intense massage. I am sure the bruises will surface tomorrow. The massage started off with 15 minutes in the sauna, which I did not know meant other naked womaninteh same sweltering wooden sauna room. I kept my towel and robe on, and I am glad I did because sauna's here are FAMILY saunas where parents bring their little boys and girls in for 10 minutes. You might be wondering why I would wear both a towel and a robe? Well, in the land of skinny people the robe does not quite fit all the way around me, and to get to the sauna you need to walk by the pool, weight room, cardio room and solarium. I did not want to show all of my American parts to the fine people of Kazakhstan.

Today's visit it was another scorcher and we spent the whole time outside under a tree in the breeze, which ended up being cooler than being inside the smaller play room with 5 other families. Score one for being anti-social. While we were outside we played "bang the stacking cups together" this is a progession from 'knock the stacking cups over", then we went for a walk in a stroller. It was Andy's first time in a stroller and things were going well, then I stopped to take a picture in his new cool stylin' Toyota hat and he started wailing, or whaling, until I started moving again. Me thinks we will be doing a lot of strolling in the Frankfurt airport for 6 hours.




It's Saturday here and the beaches, if you want to call the light dirt on the shore of the river a beach, were packed. The water is a bit funky, but the locals seem to like it.








On my walk today I ran across this kitty cat. I stopped and reached into my bag for the camera and he got up from his lazy nap under the tree and came over to me thinking I had food or water. Sorry kitty, I only wanted a picture. He continued to escort me about a block down the road in hopes I would buy him something like the littel gypsy beggars here.





Another 3 weeks to go and I'll be back at home sharing a bed with Robbie and the cats, and eating tasty American food again like New Yorker White America Cheese sliced thin (that was a subtle hint to Robbie.)

1 Comments:

At 9:41 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the record the child's name is ANDREW.

Anyone calling him Andy or Andie or Drew will be met with much scorn by the father of Andrew.

SO...

If his mother can please stop calling him Andy (and doing other feministic things to him) it would be much appreciated.

Cheese Curl!

- Rob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home