Saturday, June 24, 2006

June 23

June 23

Another day in Almaty, and another set of baby food is on my clothes.....and Andrew's.

I have also found out that much baby food is colored orange, and the color does not change much on it's processing trip through the human body. Andrew had another productive day on the potty-- with a jumbo #2. Unfortunately he also had 3 even bigger #2's before 10am. That will teach me to try to sleep in when his colon is on a schedule. I know, you really wanted to know all of that info.

We had a big day and made it out of the room by 10:30am. Andrew is not a fan of bathes, or bathes in a sink, so he screamed the whole time. I also learend that feeding a child, then trying to feed yourself in a restaurant only makes the child hungry again. So I tried some peach yogurt for him which gave me time for about 5 forks of food. We treked to the supermarket (Gros store) to stock up on the baby food fruits and vegatables. I am still trying to push the Carrots and Potatoes, and Squash and Potatoes without much luck. So Andrew is experiencing the fine art of mixing all left over baby food and getting leftovers at the next meal....yes I am too cheap to throw out uneaten food...especially when I need to walk a half hour to get more. I have also learned to feed him vegateables first, when he is hungry, then the good stuff later.

The evening we spent in the Regency Club.....a courtesy room where they have drinks and snacks during the day. There was no one there so we stayed for an hour or 2 and let the kids crawl around. The hostess for the room enjoyed the entertainment because people rarely come in, and seldom do kids. Andrew woo'ed her with his new found walking ability, farting and technique of laying on the floor to look up her dress.

4 Comments:

At 9:42 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy for you that you are one step closer to home!!!!!!! Gena

 
At 11:32 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mom! fun reading about Andrew's latest adventures....remember " aparents greatest revenge is when your children have children", Gotcha! We're counting the days till you bring our newest grandchild home! Love Dad and Liz

 
At 3:14 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"and technique of laying on the floor to look up her dress."

That is MA BOYEEEE!!!!

 
At 5:39 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahha. your journal entries are oh so informative.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home