Sunday, July 22, 2007

July 2007, the rest of the month


James had a major milestone...his first potty delivery. After a couple days of giving him a fresh diaper after lunch, only to have him deliver between the changing table and the crib, I decided to put him on the potty after lunch. Success on the 2nd day. He was taken back a bit with the first splash down, but subsequent deliveries were met with giggles and looks of surprise....or maybe he had just never been cheered on to do his business.


Top 10 things I Now Find In My Vacuum
10. Kitty Hair
9. Kitty Litter
8. Gold Fish
7. Cheerios or Rice Chex
6. Bits of partially chewed paper
5. Cat food a child has relocated from the food bowl
4. Spent Pasta
3. Shredded napkin
2. Dirt/Mulch
1. More Gold Fish

Sibling Rivalry ?
I never realized just how fast kid's fingernails grow. After getting clawed at one afternoon I decided it was time to clip James' nails. After a couple finger nails Andrew came running over and wanted his done, or so I thought. Successfully fending off Andrew until all 10 of James' were done, I started clipping Andrew's. He freaked out by nail #3. Turns out he didn't really want his finger nails clipped, he was just trying to save James from the Evil Nail Clippers, which for the record have never drawn blood.

Andrew like me, is not a happy camper when he wakes up from a nap, or in the morning. James on the other hand is quite happy to arise any time. One afternoon Andrew was wailing for 30 minutes after he got our of his bed by himself after nap,time, while James was happy to just spend the time crawling up and down the hallway waiting for the screaming to cease. I hope that Andrew soon learns to stay in bed to sleep off the grumpiness. This was also the day that 30 minutes into nap time, which was filled with cries, I went in to check on them and found Andrew had climbed INTO the crib with James. Andrew was crying because he didn't know how to get out, and James was crying because he wanted his space back.


Top Ten Things I Thought I Would Never Say
10. Put that down, You'll put your eye out (Rob actually said that in reference to a belt)
9. Don't Step on your brother
8. What just went up your nose? (Answer: goldfish)
7. What just went up your brother's nose?
6. Let's watch another episode of My Friends Tigger & Pooh
5. Have a cookie, and stop eating grapes (if you know what happens when grapes get processed, you'd understand)
4. Just how much Beefaroni did you eat to produce THAT ?
3. For the 10th time today, get your hands out of there!
2. How did you get your arm stuck in the toilet?
1. What went into the toilet to make you put your arm that far down the hole?

Andrew has discovered stuffed animals, after almost a year of being home. When we first got home we had a pile that people had either given us, or ones from when we were kids. He looked at the stuffed animals, and then us and could not figure out why we kept pushing them on him. One day he picked up a soft blue elephant and proclaimed he shall be named Bubbles. When I told him it was an 'elephant' he again looked at me like I was crazy because the word 'elephant' must surely be a made-up word. After our trip to Disney world, he finally figured out the stuffed animals. Now he sleeps with a good portion of the Hundred Acres Woods: Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Roo. Lately Andrew has discovered the Cow that moos when you either shake him, or turn him upside down. It looks like he is punching him out here.


Chow Time has never been a pretty picture. Here is Andrew a year ago after a major smorgasbord meal when he started feeding himself, and then now after spaghetti and chocolate ice cream. Not much improvement.

James is not that much better with eating, although we are still feeding him. This night he had a particularly difficult time with the cereal head wound and apple sauce (the shiny stuff on his face).
The Many Faces Of Andrew




Citizen Kane Andrew

2 Comments:

At 12:25 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh jeez, the boys could not be any cuter. i guess two are more entertaining than one? i see james' teeth popped up! yay, no more teething for a little while. i can't wait to see the boys in action!!

 
At 4:14 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,

This is Angela from work - Barb sent me your link. What an adorable couple of boys you have. It sounds like you guys are having a great time with them. People will tell you this is the best age - definitely enjoy it - but it just keeps getting better every day. :-)

I'll see you soon (either when I finally get in to work for a visit or when I get back in October).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home